Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Classified section silliness

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Classified section silliness


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Classified section silliness

    I have two ads, both marked sold.

    The system is saying I have exceeded my limit of two ads.

    First, a two ad limit seems a little silly considering how much stuff and the number of small items some of us have. I could do a dozen ads just on free stuff....

    Todd can you give me any info, or am I doing something wrong?
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  2. #2
    HB Super Moderator
    Classified section silliness


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Classified section silliness

    Hi OG, What you can try maybe in the meantime until Todd can fix,or actually it maybe Steve-Hostboard Admin. not sure who fixes but.

    Can you list multiple items in 1 ad. like Altec items for sale 1 amp Model# price and so on, 2 speakers 416's and so on,1 driver model # and so on.

    OR you can list 2 ads like all items you have for sale and if you wanted to buy WTB ad.I know it is straightforward.Can you edit the ads at all to still for sale/not sold?

    I don't know if that will help any in the meantime but just trying to help out Regards ~ AB

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Classified section silliness


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Classified section silliness

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    Hi OG, What you can try maybe in the meantime until Todd can fix,or actually it maybe Steve-Hostboard Admin. not sure who fixes but.

    Can you list multiple items in 1 ad. like Altec items for sale 1 amp Model# price and so on, 2 speakers 416's and so on,1 driver model # and so on.

    OR you can list 2 ads like all items you have for sale and if you wanted to buy WTB ad.I know it is straightforward.Can you edit the ads at all to still for sale/not sold?

    I don't know if that will help any in the meantime but just trying to help out Regards ~ AB
    You misunderstood. The two ads once marked sold can't be edited. And I can't post new ones because apparently it sets a lifetime limit of 2 ads.

    I can't post a danged thing at all.

    I wanted to offer these here first. I just told my eBay guy to go ahead, I didn't feel right playing with his commission.

    Vintage recording Mics Altec M53 mid-70's studio - eBay (item 110549535975 end time Jun-20-10 13:15:16 PDT)

    I held back a pair to offer here if this can get fixed.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Classified section silliness

    Working on it...
    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Classified section silliness


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Classified section silliness

    Thanks Todd

    BTW are you still handling Bill's email?
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  6. #6
    HB Super Moderator
    Classified section silliness


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Classified section silliness

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    You misunderstood. The two ads once marked sold can't be edited. And I can't post new ones because apparently it sets a lifetime limit of 2 ads.

    I can't post a danged thing at all.

    I wanted to offer these here first. I just told my eBay guy to go ahead, I didn't feel right playing with his commission.

    Vintage recording Mics Altec M53 mid-70's studio - eBay (item 110549535975 end time Jun-20-10 13:15:16 PDT)

    I held back a pair to offer here if this can get fixed.

    Sorry OG your right I did MISUNDERSTOOD Again My Apologies !!!!

    Update: They sold real quick :2thumbsup:

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member voice of the theater's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2009
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Classified section silliness

    I've also had trouble posting in the classifieds but have finally gotten it sorted out. Just listed a pair of AS 101's (Valencias/Heath) and wanted to make sure the people here got a shot at them since everyone here has been so helpful/sharing knowledge and advice etc.....

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Classified section silliness

    Yes - still handling the general email's so Bill can devote more time to building speakers and making parts.

    No reply from HostBoard on the classified problem yet...
    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.